Thursday, November 6, 2008

My boss the bitch



So we were goofing off in a meeting at work Yesterday. I was cracking jokes with my neighbors when all of the sudden my boss stops and says "what was that Lori?." And I was like Oh uh nothing. and She was like, well it must have been very important if you felt the need to interrupt Corion (one of my co-workers who was apparently asking some asinine question at the time.) Nope, I said. Nothing important at all. So meeting ends and not 5 minutes later i have an angry email from Rita (my boss) saying how she knows I'm on the way out but that I was very rude and I should keep my comments to my self blah blah blah. Well ok yeah maybe I shouldn't have been talking but we were all yapping and being silly and I somehow managed to get the blame for the whole thing. What I really don't understand is why she ever bothered to send the damn email. I mean I have 4 days left and I'm gone forever. What's the point really. Hell, maybe I was a little sassier than usually because I'm leaving but you'd think she'd realize that and just let it go. Oh, and then of course she has to lie and say a few people came up to her after the meeting and commented on how rude I was being. Yeah, bullshit. Everyone was laughing right along with me until Rita got all bent out of shape.

Oh and of course the whole meeting was about how our budget had been cut so we were not going to have half the things we needed to make a successful tour. for example we need 4 tour buses to accommodate our tour guests. Tomorrow we're only going to have 2 and we've been pretty much told to just deal with it. Then they basically tell us how we were going to have to work twice as hard and do all this crazy shit to try and put a decent tour together with nothing. And of course Rita feels the need to add her 2 cents in about how we need to hold our (giant humiliating) tour signs up higher and how we pick at the food and it upsets the guest. (Which we don't) And she says it all in this real bullshit passive aggressive way.

Ugh, It's days like this that I'm not sad I'm leaving. I was actually pretty nervous today. After yesterdays spat with Rita I think she's going to boot me on out of here on Monday. Hell I thought she might boot me today after She reassigned all my leads today without telling me. She had told me she wasn't going to do that until next week. So now I don't have anything to do at work but play on the internet and make my last few follow up calls. I'm not complaining exactly. It a great time to search the web for job opportunities in Oregon but I doubt Rita will just leave me with nothing to do all week. I Imagine she send me up to HR Monday for my exit interview and then hand me check and send me on my way. Fine by me.

No comments: