So today my roommate finally gave me a check for the last bit of money he owed me and then turn around and fucked me in the ass. Here's the story.
So our lease isn't up until Jan but Jim (my roommate) and I have decided to go a head and leave town early. We're splitting a rental truck to drive up to Oregon next week. Our roommate Kyle will be staying and Kyle's Friend Adam will move in to take over one of the rooms. Today Jim informed me that because Adam is moving into his bedroom (and not mine)Jim is off the hook for rent. Apparently (arcording to Jim)I should still have pay my half of the rent. Ok let me say what the fuck? Jim paints this picture like he asked Adam to move in so he should get the credit aka not have to pay rent but I don't see it that way at all. Adam was Kyle's roommate in Florida and went to college with Kyle and Brian. Jim wouldn't even know Adam if it wasn't for us. When Adam moved to L.A he asked if he could stay with us so I feel like it's just a given that if we moved out Adam would move in regardless of who asked him. And really who asked him doesn't mean shit. Bottom line is Jim and I are both on the lease and are equally responsible to cover the rent here until Jan. So if someone else is going to pay part of the rent then I think whatever is left over we should split.
I might even be ok with letting Jim get away with this if he'd explained to me in the beginning that we each had to come up with someone to take our rooms. Adam is only moving into Jim's room because it's slightly less expensive then my room so Fuck, I'm ready to tell Adam he should move into my room and I'll pay the difference. Then I guess under Jim's rules he'd have to pay the rent for his room and I'd be off the hook.
2 comments:
That's seriously fucked. Why should anyone that's living there get free rent? It makes no sense.
I don't understand why you keep letting Jim take advantage, or why you still have an active friendship with him . . . ?
But that's just not-so-nice and not-very-gracious me . . .
This too shall pass.
Focus on the New & Improved Future for you and hubby!
Post a Comment