Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hello Goodbye

Mom and I have always been very close. Well accept for about 4 years of my life I like to call my teen years. Mom hit menopause about the same time I hit puberty. Needless to say it was clash of the hormones for a while there. Anyway around the time I turned 19 things started to smooth out and by the time I got married at 22 we were as close as close can be again.

Dad and I have had our ups and downs but since Brian and I have been apart and with Brian's illness Dad and I have been talking a lot and it's been really good. I think right now I feel closer to my dad then I have in years.

My Sister and I grew up best friends. We were only two years apart so we were always doing everything together. Once again high school was rough on my relationship with my sister and after she graduated and ran off to Portland with her then much older boyfriend we only seemed to grow further and further apart. A few years ago we had a blow out fight that left us estranged for nearly a year. We've since made up but it's been a process getting to be close again. The hard part is that we live so far away from each other we only see each other about once or twice a year. I miss her. A lot on fact.

Moving back to Oregon I hope will give me a chance to finally be close with my sister. To finally fix my relationship with my father and to spend some real quality time with my Mom, with my whole family for that matter.

Not that I've ever taken my family for granted but with everything that has been going on lately I've really just needed someone to lean on. I've called my mom in tears more time in the past three months than I care to count. Going home has never felt so right. I can't wait for Brian and I to be sipping hot coco on our very own porch, just the two of us, watching the creek.

All I need now is to find I job that pays decent and I doesn't make me want to slit my wrists and for Brian to have his surgery and finally start to heal.

1 comment:

Peter Varvel said...

You're a much more gracious daughter and sibling than I'll ever be to my family.

Sounds like good timing.
We'll miss you, but I sincerely wish you a bon voyage and better future!