Friday, October 31, 2008

Moving Home To Oregon

In case you haven't already heard (which I'm sure most of you who follow my blog have) I am moving back to Oregon. Monday morning I am putting in my two week notice at work. I'm a little bit terrified as I'm not sure how I'm going to tell my boss let alone some of my co-workers who have become like family to me over the past two years.

Why am I going back (after I said I never would)? Well it's a lot of things.For starters Brian has had a very hard time finding his niche in L.A. He's had three different jobs since moving to Los Angeles and none of them have really been what he was looking for. Brian wants to be an editor and despite our best efforts the right doors just weren't opening for him. After a long period of disappointments and dead ends Brian decided to turn his focus home to Oregon. It was almost like fate. The moment we decided to consider moving home to Oregon Door we're flying open for Brian. He had several interviews and job offers all at once and he ended up taking a job working for lithia Motors editing car commercials.

This job is a huge foot in the door for Brian. He can really learn a lot about editing there and get some incredible experience. As if that weren't enough he is working with one of his best friends and having an incredible time there. I'm so happy for him I can't even tell you.

For three months now Brian and I have been living apart. To add to the pain of being separated we had a really scary time with Brian's health recently and it's still not entirely over. Although his tumor is benign and not life threatening he still needs to have surgery to have it removed. Bottom line is I just can't be apart from my husband for another day that I don't have to be.

Sure, Brian could come back to L.A in a few months and try to put his new found experience to work but moving back to Oregon is not just for Brian. It's for us. I've done a lot of thinking lately and as much fun as L.A. is and with all it has to offer, unless you make it big it's a very, very expensive place to live. If we stay in L.A I don't know that we'll ever be able to afford a house or children or much of anything.

Long story short I miss my family and my friends and trees and clean air. Sure I was born in Cali but Oregon will always be my home.

3 comments:

The Technophile said...

I sure hope we are going to get a chance to hang out one last time.

Lori said...

oh we will!

Peter Varvel said...

I'm sad that I won't see you in L.A. every week, but I'm happy for you and Brian. Yay!
Plus, it's not goodbye forever, so I'm not as sad as some others around us . . .
;-)