
Last night I had this dream that I went to visit Tia in this crazy hippie commune in the middle of the forest somewhere. We were having a great time hanging out but then she had to run some errands or something so she left me to wander the complex alone.
I ended up running into my X-boyfriend Aaron. For the record Aaron is psycho and, when we dated a good 10 years ago, he was a drunk that liked to slap me around to say the least. In the waking world, had I run into Aaron, I would have quickly turned and walked the other way, but you know how dreams are. We just started talking and laughing and I started thinking he's not such a bad guy. Hell, maybe I even missed him.
Time is also a very strange thing in the world of dreams. Over the course of my dream I spent several weeks at the hippie commune. Aaron ends up asking if we can try to work things out and probably because I was high in my dream I agreed to date him. Of course shortly after agreeing to this, I am reminded of why we broke up in the first place. Aside from him being nuts, Aaron is also incredibly jealous which doesn't work well for me as I am a big flirt.
In this dream I run into an old friend, Jason Cannon. Cannon and I have always flirted and nothing has ever really become of it. We've been talking for a while in my dream and he tells me he's tired and going to head back to his bunk and crash. I jokingly ask if he wouldn't rather come back to my place for a night cap and he says, "don't you have a boyfriend?" and I say, "oh well we're hardly committed." (wink, wink) Of coure no sooner have the words left my mouth than I turn around to see Aaron standing there, turning 6 shades of red. This is the moment where I remember how insanely jealous Aaron is and as luck would have it, is also the moment I remembered that I'm married.
So as Aaron starts to blow up at me about how could I do such a thing to him and whatever I raise a hand to quite him and then go off myself. Although things are fuzzy in my dream, I remember wondering why it was I wasn't with my husband. I told Aaron he was an asshole and I was a married woman anyway so I don't know what I was thinking talking to him in the first place and I stormed out.
When I got outside I started to try and find my way out of the hippie commune but just then an alarm went off. I wasn't sure what was going on at first until I realized there was a tornado coming. The commune was mostly made up of trailers and old railroad cars all welded together in a giant maze. None of this would hold up against a tornado so I starting looking desperately for any sort of real building (you know like with a foundation) that I could hide in.
I kept running into these elderly people who seemed lost and frightened. I started helping as many of them as I could until it was too late for me to find a hiding place of my own. I remember the tornado touched down and immediately people started getting sucked up into it. I layed down on the ground between two trailers and grabbed ahold of a water spout that was sticking out of the ground. The trailer next to me started to lift off the ground and so did I but a moment later it disbursed and we bother dropped to the ground.
I decided I needed to get out of there so I got up to try and find someone that could give me a ride back into town. I stumbled back into Jason Cannon who now had my friend Kate Lewis with him. They were sitting in the grass giggling. Jason informed they had found some E and we're now pleasantly loaded. They tried to get me to take some and join the party. While I was tempted, I was on a mission to get the heck out of there so I said my goodbyes and turned to leave. Just then, a Van full of super heroes showed up.
Ok they weren't really super heroes but the way they pulled up in their brightly painted van and all jumped out and struck a pose. You could see how one might think they were. Turns out, they were video game developers. The creators of well, I wanna say Ninja Gaiden or something like that but I can't remember. All I remember is them jumping out of the car, landing in ninja poses and everyone being very impressed. As everyone stood there in awe I tried to sneak out the back but one of them saw me and caught me by the arm. "Don't you want to try the demo?" He asked me. He looked a lot like Jacob from the twilight movies.
Before I could respond he was leading me away. Suddenly we were in this big room and there were all these multi colored, cirlces of light on the floor. It's hard to explain exactly what the game was. You know how dreams are. But music started playing and I had to jump from circle to circle as they lit up in front of me, in time with the music. It was a lot like DDR if DDR took up an entire gymnasium and you had to do crazy acrobatics to hit all the marks, which I suddenly found myself able to do. It was pretty awesome really.
It gets pretty fuzzy after that. I vaguely remember Tia showing back up with a Kitten and then I woke up...
No comments:
Post a Comment