
I haven’t done a lot of blogging lately. I couldn’t tell you exactly why. I’ve certainly had enough on my mind. I’ve been in Portland for about 4 months now. I’ll be coming up on my 90 day review at work here in just a few weeks. I’m excited to be nearly through my probationary period. I hope to soon really feel like I’m part of the team. I like my co-workers quite a bit. Della is hilarious. She’s all kinds of boisterous and moderately inappropriate. I like her a lot. Nancy is also pretty kick ass. She’s a real New Yorker and has no problem using the word fuck. And then there’s Brandy. Um, well she cool or whatever I guess.
As great as the girls are I sure do miss my LARS crew. Truth be told I’ve never worked with such an awesome crowd of misfits as I did at LARS and I think of them every day. Sometimes I really do wish I could go back to L.A.
Brian and I have been living on opposite ends of the state for these past 4 months. We’re stuck in our lease down there and Brian chose to stay with the apartment instead of coming up here to stay at my sister’s with me. A very small part of me understands but I mostly feel abandoned. This is probably where Brian would say that I was the one that abandoned him but really, did I have any other option? I had to get up here so I could find a job and take care of us.
This weekend Brian is coming up so we can apartment hunt. Our lease is up at the end of this month. As it’s been taking me up to hour to get to work sometimes I am ecstatic to be moving to the east side. Also I just like it better over here. I love my sister but I can’t wait to have my own kitchen and a big comfy couch to curl up on and watch my tv. I’m hoping Brian and I can have a fresh start here. We’re a bit of a mess sometimes but I love him a lot.
2 comments:
East Side!!!
I miss you so much!
I'm selfish and I want to have you back with us. :(
Post a Comment