Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Old Friends

Last week I very nearly lost my job. I have learned better than to speak too much about my work situation in the world of blogs so I’ll leave out the detail but in short, last Thursday I didn’t think I would be an Admin Assistant for much longer. I had been thinking a lot about my friend Tia and how I hadn’t spent much time with her in the past month or so. I decided I should call her up and see if she wanted to get a beer with me while I wallowed in sadness. She agreed and we met up at the Beau Club after work.

Tia has been so great lately. I keep expecting her to drop some bomb on me or get all judgmental and we’ll end up not speaking again, but she’s just been like the old Tia that I’ve always loved, only slightly less bitchy and more grown up. Since our time was fairly limited and I didn’t have any real birthday plans, she and I decided we’d go out on the town Saturday night.

So Saturday night, we met up around 7:30pm and headed down to the Ashland Creek bar and grill. I could hardly believe how easy it was to just sit down and drink beer with Tia and talk about everything. It was Like nothing had changed. I cried about my problems to her and she shared some of her own. We laughed and reminisced about old times. We reveled in the fact that we’re pretty much made of awesome. We were best friends again and I couldn’t believe how much I’d missed her.

We ended up out at the bars until the wee hours of the morning. Then we went back and crashed at her place. Only we stayed up until 4am talking. It really was just like old times. We even got up the next morning and went to oak tree for breakfast. I couldn’t think of a more perfect way to spend a Saturday night.

1 comment:

Peter Varvel said...

Yay! What an fantastic birthday weekend!